Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:59:57 -0500
From:      Charlie Root <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        Craig Huckabee <huck@nosc.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell PowerEdge 2300 - more information

Craig Huckabee wrote:

> That didn't work either - got the F1 to retry reboot... message again.
>
> HELP!

There is a thread in the archives where I tried to get 4.0 going on a
Poweredge 2450 and ended up giving up due to problems with both the
onboard RAID controller and the SMP. Both of these particualr problems
have since been fixed, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other
issues keeping you from installing....Not that I don't like Dell, just
seems that generic stuff works better with FreeBSD.

Josh