Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 17:41:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        bvickers@bossanova.ICS.UCI.EDU, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with SCSI drive & ncr

> There was a posting on comp.periphs.scsi about this and the Sun
> system was complaining about a "vendor specific" code asc:47 ascq:0,
> but I looked at the spec and don't see that this can be anything
> but parity error.
>
> If anyone has any ideas holler.

In general, if you see parity errors, you see weird stuff.  The chances
of the parity-error to be caught is not something to bet the ranch on.

Could we make a scsi-test program, which somehow tests the cable & termination
by sending a lot of data forth and back, without writing it to the disk ?

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'