Date:      Fri, 18 May 2012 13:36:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us>
To:        Maurizio Vairani <maurizio.vairani@cloverinformatica.it>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAND Framework in HEAD.

On Fri, 18 May 2012, Maurizio Vairani wrote:
>> Bob
> Hi have a Root on ZFS FreeBSD 8.2 server on 3 USB Flash Disks in RAID 1
> configuration.  Is there any advantage using NAND FS instead of ZFS ?

If this NAND filesystem is similar to others I am aware of (e.g.
JFFS2, UBIFS), it is intended to be used directly with NAND FLASH
devices (i.e. a chip).  This is common for embedded type applications.

USB Flash Disks are a type of SSD and are arranged as logical disk
blocks.  They are not suitable for use with a NAND filesystem.

Regardless, the availability of a NAND filesystem will make FreeBSD
much more competitive for use in embedded applications (where Linux
currently dominates).

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn