Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:19:00 -0700
From:      Tammer Saleh <tsaleh@scs.uiuc.edu>
Subject:   Problems with STABLE on X23 thinkpad.

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

I'm having some problems with FreeBSD on my X23 thinkpad which are bad
enough to make me consider switching back to linux.  I was wondering if
anyone here with an X series machine has see the same problems or knows of
an answer.

The first problem is an intermittent kernel panic upon resumeing from a
suspend.  This probably happens 5 - 10% of the time, which is not
horrible, but crashes and lost information is always a Bad Thing.

The second problem is a predictable kernel panic.  This occurs every time
I attach the unit to the Ultra-base X2 dock.  The dock contains a
CD-ROM drive and a built in floppy drive (as well as power, serial,
parallel, and mouse ports on the back).  The unit does not panic when
removed from the base-station, but only when inserted into it.

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tammer Saleh
http://scs.uiuc.edu/~tsaleh/cv

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf