Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:29:30 -0800
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ports-amd64@FreeBSD.org: snobol-0.99.4_1 failed on amd64 7]

On Nov 27, 2006, at 8:43 AM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> FYI; can you please investigate and/or report to the developers?  If
> you are already aware of this problem but do not yet have a fix,
> please mark the port BROKEN in the appropriate case, so that users do
> not unexpectedly encounter it.
>
> See http://pointyhat.freebsd.org for the full log.

I'm not sure what to do here.  I think this is a build environment
failure in the ports cluster, but I don't have an amd64 machine to
test it on.  The failure isn't actually in the build, it's in the
regression tests, and it fails simply running /usr/bin/uptime:

> Running regression tests...
> cd test; ./run.sh ../xsnobol4 > ../test.out
> ./timing > timing.out
> uptime: /var/run/utmp: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 137

Could this just be a mis-configuration of the jail or chroot the
build runs in?

--
            Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?
Wes Peters