Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:37:28 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Matt Lager <mlager@sdunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PF state key linking mismatch in FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE

On 12. Jan 2012, at 22:26 , Matt Lager wrote:

> Interesting. I feel like the performance is degraded quite a bit =
between two VPN points that display these messages vs. two VPN points =
that don't display these messages, though I could be wrong. Is your =
basic suggestion to not consider this a concern and continue forward =
with my VPN rollouts?

Well as said "can be painful with a slow (serial) console".  If you are =
triggering the printf per packet and have enough pps your console can =
slow things down.

The solution probably is to compile your own kernel and either have the =
PR problem fixed or the printf removed.   The latter can be done quickly =
the former needs a bit of time...

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!