Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2018 00:00:00 -0800
From:      <soralx@cydem.org>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>, <emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [linuxulator] Linux X11 programs: xauth snag

 For anyone who is getting "X11 connection rejected because of wrong
 authentication" error when trying to start GUI programs via linuxulator,
 here is a solution: swap the lines
    ::1         localhost
    127.0.0.1   localhost
 in /etc/hosts to move the IPV6 localhost address below the IPV4 one.
 This applies to FreeBSD base since r64664 by itojun. I am not sure
 why the order was changed.

 The real issue is likely to be elsewhere (e.g., in some linux-c7-*
 library), and this is just a symptom, but I can't be bothered to
 dig deeper. Perhaps a pkg-message about this can be added for
 ports/x11/linux-c7-xorg-libs?

Example:
  # /compat/linux/bin/bash
  bash-4.2# xterm