Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:26:46 GMT
From:      jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
To:        "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@goldsword.com>
Cc:        batie@agora.rdrop.com, danny@panda.hilink.com.au, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, jas@flyingfox.com, jfarmer@goldsword.com, joe@thebestisp.com
Subject:   Re: Fw: FreeBSD firewall questions

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:36:36 -0500 (EST), "John T. Farmer"
<jfarmer@goldsword.com> wrote:

>I have clients with 10base2 nets (large ones!) that have been in use 6
>or more years without noticable problems.

Coax works for me too.  I had some trouble in the beginning until I
realized the terminators I bought from CompUSA were flaky.  After
replacing them with better quality terminators, no more problems.  I
get 1,000 kbps throughput between two machines when no other traffic
is on the wire, using SMC Ultra cards.

I even have some SMC coax hubs.  I had never heard of coax hubs until
I found them on auction at Onsale.  They were dirt cheap so I plan to
use them with coax as my network grows.

--
The day of the proprietary OS is over.  Long live free software.