Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 18:34:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7895P

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Doug White wrote:

> What does the probe line(s) for the device look like?

None shown...  That's what's odd.

> This is a 7895 which is only supported with the CAM patches.

*nod*  That's what another told me...

> It's straightforward.  The device/vendor ID doesn't match any known in any
> driver.

I just disabled the on-board controller and used an Adaptec 2940UW.  Works
for me...  ;)

I think it's time for me to subscribe to freebsd-scsi (didn't know it
existed before now :).  Also, someone told me DPT is a far-better choice
for SCSI controllers than Adaptec when it comes to FreeBSD.  I'd
appreciate any opinions on this.

	-mike