Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 10:59:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        Werner Griessl <werner@btp1x5.phy.uni-bayreuth.de>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 205R --> stable ?

On Tue, 22 Aug 1995, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> > Is it possible to upgrade from a LIVING FreeBSD-2.0.5-Release to
> > FreeBSD-stable when I have the stable-source-tree ?
>
> I would try doing a make world in /usr/src and see where it stops.
> Maybe you will have to create some things by hand (like
> /usr/src/share/dict/eign or /usr/share/dict/eign) but I believe there hadn't
> been any major kernel structure changes that would make the binaries
> stop working. There was a change that stopped ps from working I recall,
> requiring to rebuild the kernel and libkvm.

If he wants to do it and get it the first time, I think he has to pre-compile
and install zic, else the timezone stuff fails.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0.5-snap-0726) and
(301) 220-2114              | n3lxx (FreeBSD 2.0.5-snap-0622) -- Great!