Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:51:13 +0200
From:      pons <pons@gmx.li>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   LAN surfs inet

Hi

I have the following Network setup:
INET===Router===Hub==NT+Win.....+Win
I have a router Prestige 128L zyxel with
IP 212.38.131.193 on the Inet side, and
reserved class A network 10 on the private
side using a class C netmask.  The NT box
is a multi-homed host on the 10.0.0.0 net
also with IP 212.38.131.194.

All Win clients are using the NT box as their
default gateway. The NT box' default gateway
is the router, all outgoing traffic from any
client goes to the NT box, then goes back on
the same LAN to get to the router. All Windows
clients surf the 'Net, EXCEPT my BSD.
I added to the LAN a BSD box as client:
(Host Address 10.0.0.xx
 Network Mask 255.255.255.0
 GateWay 10.0.0.1)
From the BSD box I can see the LAN (ping,
telnet,ssh,samba,..etc.) but cant get
outside the inet (cant surf the INet)

My Questions:
Is it possible to surf the inet from BSD, in
a Windows based Network (NT-server), or i cant
because all of the IP addresses in the network
behind the NT machine, and its not providing
NAT, in case "yes" how should i reconfigure
my BSD box to resolve this?

I would greatly appreciate help with that.

--
pons@gmx.li