Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 01:23:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   new package set for Y2K

Hi All,

To celebrate the last year of the millenium (*), I built a new package
set for 4-current.  You can find it at

  ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-current/

Since this is the first build with the signal changes, there have
been many changes to 4-current and thus many more breakages than
before.  You can find those at

  http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/e.4.19991230/

There are a whopping 213 (!) errors, or almost twice as many as in
3-stable.  (In particular, the ones that say "new compiler error" is
what I believe to be caused by the upgrade to the new gcc in
4-current.  At least the error messages don't look familiar.)

If you can fix any of those and send in fixes via send-pr, I'm sure
everyone will be eternally grateful.

Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

-PW and the awesome ports team

(*) - Actually, it's just that Bill fixed the serial console of bento
      a couple of days ago, enabling me to upgrade bento and the
      package building cluster to 4-current, enabling me to use a new
      chroot environment with the latest bindist, but that doesn't
      sound as exciting....

(!) - It is not good.