Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:23:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        angelsan@bellsouth.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Automount the CDROM?

Angel S. Santiago said:
>Scott:
>
>I am intersted...please mail me your map file and any instructions you
>deem necessary.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>A Santiago

Hi Angel,

Apologies for the delay in replying.  My /etc/amd.map looks like this:

----- cut here -----
/defaults       type:=host;fs:=${autodir}/${rhost};rhost:=${key}
*               opts:=rw,grpid,resvport,nfsv2

cdrom	type:=program;\
	fs:=/mnt/cdrom;\
	mount:="/sbin/mount mount /mnt/cdrom";\
	unmount:="/sbin/umount umount /mnt/cdrom"

floppy	type:=program;\
	fs:=/mnt/floppy;\
	mount:="/sbin/mount mount /mnt/floppy";\
	unmount:="/sbin/umount umount /mnt/floppy"

msdos	type:=program;\
	fs:=/mnt/msdos;\
	mount:="/sbin/mount_msdos mount_msdos /mnt/msdos";\
	unmount:="/sbin/umount umount /mnt/msdos"
----- cut here -----

The cdrom entry (obviously) mounts the CD, floppy and msdos are for UFS and
FAT formatted floppies respectively.  You will need to have appropriate
entries in /etc/fstab for the automounted drives, eg:

/dev/wcd0c /mnt/cdrom cd9660 ro 0 0

for the CDROM. You will need to set amd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and
possibly tweak the settings in amd_flags.  My automount tree is on /a
rather than /net, so both the '/net' and '/host' parts of amd_flags in the
default 2.2.6 rc.conf are changed to '/a'.

You might also want to make symlinks from /cdrom->/a/cdrom just so the
paths look more normal.  Note that to unmount the CDROM before it times out
you will need to use 'amq -u /mnt/cdrom', since it is really mounted there
and not on /cdrom.

I hope that all makes sense!  Let me know if it works or not.  I'll cc:
this to -questions in case anyone else finds it useful.

Cheers,

	Scott