Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:42:20 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7R: no sound when recording with ffmpeg?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:37:14 +1100 (EST)
Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx> wrote:
CM> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

CM> > 	At what resolution ? I'm impressed if a Celeron 600 can keep
CM> > up with full resolution (720x576 for PAL).
CM>
CM> 384x288
CM>
CM> Given that I'm having problems at that I haven't tried the patch to
CM> get full frame. :)

	No don't :)

CM> Ok.  Tried it.  It is better, but still out by a couple of seconds
CM> after 5 minutes.  I'm using the following command line;

	Hmm, better is useful. Still I would have thought it should have
been able to catch up on any missed frames given a 60% average.

CM> ffmpeg -vcodec mpeg1video -me zero -intra -b 7200 -s 384x288 test1.mpg

	Try pushing up to -b 9600 and see if it helps.

CM> It only uses around 60% CPU with this command line, and 90% CPU if I
CM> omit the '-intra'.  Both attempts had sync problems.

	Were they worse on the 90% attempt ?

CM> I'm using mplayer to play the video back...

	What version ? ISTR a creeping sync problem in mplayer in the
past.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun