Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:39:23 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Nick A. Fikouras" <nick@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
Subject:   Re: Removing Patch from Kernel

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:43:59 +0000, Nick A. Fikouras wrote:

>I have just installed the 2.2.2. release on a machine and applied a
>patch on it.
>If I wanted to remove the patch, would I have to reistall the whole
>system or else
>how could I possibly simply install a clean version of the Kernel?

Well, when you applied the patch (source files right?) you made a
backup copy of them??
Copy the backups back to the originals, make clean to clear the onject
tree and make install??

And, not to belabor the point, but you should have *nightly* backups to
get you back too.  But that's worst case anyway.
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.