Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 18:39:21 -0700
From:      Mike <mike@coloradosurf.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS being really weird

This just happened:

1.We host a domain: rockwellclub.com.
2.The domain is not expired. Do a whois and it shows our
nameservers as having SOA (and it's not expired :).
3.If I "dig" a random nameserver (i.e. my @home isp), for the
domain, I don't get it (I just get the root nameserver info).
(if I ping it I get unable to resolve hostname).
4.If I dig @ns1.officeonweb.net, I get the correct response.
5.All other domains (well, except for 3 or 4) are resolving
fine. The nameserver appears to be working as normal. No
recent changes have been made (running named 8.2.3-REL).

Network Solutions just took over our registrar :-(.

Am I overlooking something stupid??

Is NS jacking with things?

Clues for the Clueless?

Please Cc: me as I'm not subscribed to -isp

TIA,

mike