Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:06:27 +0800
From:      "yoke an" <yokean1@hotmail.com>
To:        dmp@bitfreak.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ICH5 + SATA + Seagate ST380013AS + FreeBSD v4.8?

   yoke an said:

   > > I'm in the process of installing freebsd v4.8 on Tyan Transport
   GX21
   > > (B2735G21S2) with Tiger i7501R S2735-8M motherboard, with Seagate
   SATA
   > > disks (Model: ST380013AS).
   > >
   > > I have problem with FreeBSD v4.8-Release that cannot detect my
   HDD. Is
   > > ICH5 support SATA mode from FreeBSD v4.8-Release? Where can I
   download
   > > ICH5 that support FreeBSD v4.8-Release and how's the steps on
   > > installing this.
   > >
   > > BTW, I cannot change the installation to FreeBSD v5.3 coz my
   > > application only support 4.8-Release.
   >
   >Moving to 5.x isn't necessary.  ICH5 SATA is officially supported
   starting
   >with 4.10.  An application that works in 4.8 should work fine in
   4.10.
   >What is your application?

   Thanks. Will try your suggestion.

   To a conclusion, as many of you 5.3 is the best choice. There is no
   support for the ICH5 SATA adapter in FreeBSD v4.8-Release. Release
   4.10 supports ICH5 SATA on some motherboards. I don't think 4.10
   support
   my Tyan S2735 motherboard, but Tyan S1365 yes. Release 4.11 is
   scheduled
   before the end of this month. The only way is to run IDE channel
   instead if
   I insist to use 4.8.

   BTW, thanks for your valuable suggestion.

   Find love online with [1]MSN Personals.