Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:50:38 +0100
From:      pooka@redbrick.dcu.ie (Tiny Non Cats)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What to tell to Linux-centric people?!

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 12:37:02PM +0100 Dominic Mitchell said:
> On an aside, I seem to recall that there is an option to enable full
> command-line editing in Digital Unix's csh.  It's been a while since

Yep, there is. I'm one of those ksh perverts, though.

> I've used a digital box, though (it was OSF/1 still!).  Wish they'd
> contributed their changes back to the community...

Hah, little chance. Especially since Compaq own them now - I don't see
Digital Unix going anywhere other than off the burner. Hey, with all the
support Compaq are giving Linux, maybe DU will one day be open sourced. ;o)
Speaking of DU and it's many namechanges, has anyone ever, in their wildest
dreams, even imagined a name as horrific as "Tru64 Unix"? Are they _trying_
to kill it?

Cian

--
What think ye of Christ? Whose son is he? Will you, like Peter, boldly say:

                           "Who?"