Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 18:36:32 GMT
From:      y3k@gti.net
To:        dochawk@psu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: safely briding from internet to 'localnet'

Hm. I'm using windows in vmware. I know you have to define a default route
on the vmware side (in linux). That should be something like:

route add default 192.168.0.1 (or whatever vmnet1 shows up as in freebsd).

Also, i'm not sure, but I think you need to assign an ip address to
eth0. I dont know the exact command in linux, but its something like

ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
               ^^^^^^^^^^--linux's ethernet address in vmware

-mark