Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:22:27 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Santelices" <eric@macpublic.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   new user question

--============_-1301385891==_ma============

I have freebsd 2.27 setup and working as a gateway on my 56k modem.  I now
want to switch it over to my Motorola Bitsurfer Pro.

I modified my ppp.conf and put in the init string that worked with my Mac.
When I tried to ping a number outside my network I saw the DTE lite flash
for a second then the modem did nothing.

Here is my init string set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5
\"\" AT\Q3%A2=95%A4=0@B0=2@M2=P OK-AT-OK\\dATD\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

any suggestions?
/-------------------------------------------\
              Eric L. Santelices
                macPublic, Inc.
    305-232-8756 Voice * 305-259-7576 Fax
       EMail Pager :  pageeric@hail.net
           http://www.macPublic.com
\-------------------------------------------/
--============_-1301385891==_ma============

I have freebsd 2.27 setup and working as a gateway on my 56k modem.  I
now want to switch it over to my Motorola Bitsurfer Pro.

I modified my ppp.conf and put in the init string that worked with my
Mac.

When I tried to ping a number outside my network I saw the DTE lite
flash for a second then the modem did nothing.

Here is my init string set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT
5 \"\" AT\Q3%A2=95%A4=0@B0=2@M2=P OK-AT-OK\\dATD\\T TIMEOUT 40
CONNECT"

<fixed>any suggestions? </fixed>