Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:02:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AlphaStation 1000 4/266

I read on the hardware platform list that AlphaServer 1000 is in general
supported. My model is 4/266. Is it supported ?
In particular can I use the standard console to isntall FreeBSD/alpha ??
on my VAXstation 4000/90 I had to use the serial console to install NetBSD
because there was no driver avaliable for the standard console.
IS it the case also with FreeBSD for Alpha ?

Can I boot the installation CD-rom image ?

Thanks

Rick