Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:11:56 -0700
From:      Chris <c.hutchinson0@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WAP11 -- is there any hope for using this?

Greetings,
 I am currently attempting to _enhance_ my WiMax (4G) availability.
I have (live on) acerage, and by their standards, I'm no longer
within their coverage area (forget about the fact that a year ago
I _was_ in that map, and had to sign a 2yr commitment). Well, truth
be told, if I go out to my "back 40", I _do_ receive a decent WiMax
signal. So, what I need to do is setup my WiMax receiver/modem out
in the "back 40", and attach it to a repeater (WAP11[1]), so I can use
the service I pay for. The Linksys WAP11 seemed to be the perfect
solution, but as it was "made for Windoze" setting it up isn't
a trivial matter. Requires configuration via:
USB/SNMP/AT76C510.MIB. Well, given that I picked this thing up
used, it isn't configured in a default state (which might give me
access via Ethernet). So given that, it's configured to for someone
elses network -- meaning my only option is through USB.
I see there is net-mgmt/ap-utils. But the documentation minimal, at
best. So I had hoped that given this WAP11 has been around for so
long, that I might find someone on the list to give me a "leg up".

Thank you for all your time and consideration.

--Chris

Linksys WAP11:
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/WAP11