Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:06:49 -0500
From:      "Mit Rowe" <mitayai@dreamlabs.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Postfix+sasl+pwcheck

Has anyone manages to get SASL relay authentication working with freebsd,
the postfix-current port and using the pwcheck option?

I can't seem to get it to work at all :-(

-I've got the cyrus-sasl port installed, and pwcheck running.
-I've got in /usr/lcoal/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf:
	pwcheck_method: pwcheck
-I've got in /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf:
	smtpd_recipient_restrictions =reject_maps_rbl, permit_mx_backup,
permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_relay_domains
	broken_sasl_auth_clients=yes
	smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
	smtpd_sasl_security_options =

And yet when i try to relay with authentication, authenticate, i get:
	warning: hostname[IP]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed

Any suggestions?

-Mit