Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:25:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Kersten <tomkersten98@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   After Apache install...NO INTERNET???

Hello,

For some reason I can not seem to resolve any
addresses when running FreeBSD 4.5RC. The problem
seemed to arise after I installed Apache 2.0.28 from
the ports. Basically when I start up FreeBSD I am able
to ping without problem and can even use lynx right
after I log in to access www.freebsd.org. But, after a
few minutes I can't get any address resolutions from
lynx (from console), netscape, or mozilla (from
xfree86 4.1.0). I usually run the command "apachectl
stop" because I do not have any web pages I want
visible to the world yet. I thought maybe that was
shutting down my "httpd" and maybe that would affect
it. So, I have tried not "stopping" it, but I still
have no internet after a few minutes. I know this is
really unclear, but I really have no idea why it isn't
working correctly and do not know what to include or
attach to help....I just know what I am experiencing
on the surface....any ideas what is going on? Is it
wrong to run a webserver and XFree86 on the same
machine? Let me know if a file or command would help
answer the question.

Thanks in Advance,

Thomas Kersten