Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 10:10:42 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@dk.tfs.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stopping mailspam without tears...

> >so you are spending your resources (incoming bw, temporary storage) for
> >doing a service to the community. This is very nice of you, it's just
> >that some people aren't so nice or simply cannot afford it.
>
> Well, it's cheap compared to many other things :-)
>
> We caught 670 receipients just this night...  And this is only for two
> of our machines so far...

That isn't a solution for everyone you know. :-)

I like the idea of accepting / killing the email, that is what I did for
a long time with procmail.

Thing is, it might be good in places where you aren't volume charged an
arm and a leg for traffic. How many mb of traffic would you have saved by
plain rejecting the email rather than accepting / /dev/null'ing it?
Now .. times the number of mb by 19c :) Usefully big ISPs in Australia PAY
for that crap. :-)

Adrian