Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 17:54:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brandon Bossenbroek <bossenbr@horse.supranet.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dial-up

	I have an acer note light laptop and I'm trying to dial up my ISP
through freebsd. I have given up using my internal modem, as I cannot get
the kernel to recognize com2-4. Anyway, I have an external modem that I
had lying around hooked up to com1. When I type "dial supranet(ISP)" the
"TR" light goes on on the modem and then it says "dial failed". So, it
seems to be opening the modem and then timing out. Here is the contents of
my ppp.conf file:

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\s CARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" \ ATE1Q0
OK-ATZ-OK \\aATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

supranet:
 set phone: *******
 set openmode active
 disable pred1
 deny pred1
 accept pap
 deny chap
 set authname username
 set authkey password

My modem is a Eagle V.32 Data/Fax by Digicom Systems Inc. Also, when I
type "term" it doesn't respond to "at" commands or echo them. I have tried
different paritys with the same result. If I type "set log +chat" where
can I view the log file to see what's going on? Sorry, I'm fairly new to
freebsd. Any help would be very much appreciated.

-Thanks