Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:24:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        janm@transactionsite.com (Jan Mikkelsen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tandem??

Jan Mikkelsen babbled:
> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:01:43 +1000

> A quick search of the Tandem website revealed the document:
>
> http://www.tandem.com/misc/hpmlsm/hpmlsm.pdf
>
> which shows that they FCSd in 1995, and are an actively supported product.
> You might be able for find some documentation on the website.  Tandem
> probably did custom firmware, but they do have machines with SCSI, so they
> should at least work.  Good luck.

Yes, Tandem did custom firmware for these IBM drives.  My memory apparent-
ly failed me and I mentally swapped this drive with another I was thinking
was a huge pain to get working.  Greg has reminded me that it was THIS one
that caused all the pain.  It has worked without a hitch ever since, so it
can at least be said to be reliable once reformatted.  Mine is attached to
an ancient Dell 486 via SCSI.  And mine was one we used for drop testing,
so it had a hard life before it landed here.

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD             http://www.dunham.org
jdunham@fc.net               jerry@dunham.org            (512)335-0674 (H)

                             E Pluribus Unix