Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:13:37 -0700
From:      Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   routing to NT

This may not be a FreeBSD problem, but I'm not sure.

I have a customer with an NT server running as a proxy server/gateway.
They connect to us via wireless bridges as shown below:

I    /--------------\
/----------------\                   /-------------\
N-| Our Network |-Ia- FBSD 2.2.2 -Ib- | Wireless subnet | -Ic-NT-Id |
customer Net|
E   \--------------/
\----------------/                   \-------------/
FBSD is running Gated.
NT is NT Server 4.0.
Ix is ethernet interface.

The problem is kind of strange... Whenever the wireless link goes down
and comes back up, the customer can ping everything up to and including
the ehternet card on our network (Ia).  However, they cannot ping
anything on our network (besides Ia) or on the internet.  When I goto
FBSD, I can ping NT.  When I goto another box on our network, I can ping
NT with the side effect of everything starting to work again.  I've
checked my gated setup and had a couple of others check it.  It looks
like everything is ok there.  However, I do not have access to the NT
box.  Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this to happen?

I'm working on getting the radio problems resolved, but I'd like to know
that if there is a problem with the radios, the whole link doesn't stay
down until someone sends them an email or something.

Thanks,

Eddie