Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:00:58 -0800
From:      Peter Losher <plosher+freebsd.org@plosh.net>
To:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>, Peter Losher <plosher+freebsd.org@plosh.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems w/ a TDK DVD-RW and burncd...

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 01:39 pm, Soeren Schmidt wrote:

> Uhm, if the drive is a DVD+RW model it will not be able to write DVD-R
> discs only (maybe) DVD+R discs...

The box it came in from TDK says "Internal ATAPI DVD+R/DVD+RW Burner"

> However I havn't finished support for that in burncd yet, for now
> it only does DVD+RW media...

O.k., fair enough (the handbook should be updated, as that is what I was
going by)  I tried burning a 4.5GB iso (created w/ mkisofs), and burncd
still had issues:

tar> burncd -f /dev/acd0a data data_1.iso fixate
next writeable LBA 0
writing from file data_1.iso size 234880 KB

only wrote -1 of 32768 bytes err=5

fixating CD, please wait..
tar>

and /var/log/messages spoke:

acd0: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x30 ascq=0x10 error=0x0

I am assuming the .iso is too big, so I am regenerating a 4.3GB iso
instead...

BTW (you are probably already aware) but blanking a dvd-RW doesn't work:

acd0: BLANK_CMD - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x30 ascq=0x05 error=0x00

Thanks - Peter
--
plosher+freebsd.org@plosh.net - [ http://www.plosh.net/ ]