Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:20:03 GMT
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-eclipse@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/127983: Building java/eclipse-devel (3.4) port fails during patch stage

The following reply was made to PR ports/127983; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@FreeBSD.org>
To: NG Software <ngsfw@comcast.net>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/127983: Building java/eclipse-devel (3.4) port fails during
 patch stage
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:14:21 -0400

 NG Software wrote:
 > ----- "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
 >
 >> It seems that you tried to apply the patch twice. Could you try again
 >> with a clean working directory? (cd /usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel &&
 >> make clean install)
 >
 > Yeah, I've tried a couple of times to `make clean` before making install, and even tried blowing away the distfile.  My ports are cvsup'd to the latest; just in case there's any question here's my CVS tag in java/eclipse-devel/Makefile:
 > # $FreeBSD: ports/java/eclipse-devel/Makefile,v 1.20 2008/09/13 04:06:44 glewis Exp $
 >

 > I just tried this again, here's the output:
 >
 > (root@vesper) [/usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel]: make clean
 > ===>  Cleaning for eclipse-devel-3.4
 > (root@vesper) [/usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel]: make install WITH_GECKO=xulrunner

 [...]
 > ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for eclipse-devel-3.4
 > Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
 > 1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file plugins/org.eclipse.core.filesystem/src/org/eclipse/core/internal/filesystem/local/LocalFileSystem.java.rej
 > => Patch patch-plugins-org.eclipse.core.filesystem-src-org-eclipse-core-internal-filesystem-local-LocalFileSystem.java failed to apply cleanly.
 > => Patch(es) patch-assemble.org.eclipse.sdk.all.xml patch-build patch-build.properties patch-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.cvs-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.cvs.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.equinox.executable-feature.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.equinox.executable-library-gtk-build.sh patch-features-org.eclipse.equinox.executable-library-gtk-make_freebsd.mak patch-features-org.eclipse.equinox.executable-target.build.properties patch-features-org.eclipse.equinox.executable-t arget.build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.help-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.help.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.jdt-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.jdt.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.pde-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.pde.p2-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.pde.p2.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse
 .
 pde.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.platform-build.properties patch-features-org.eclipse.platform-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.platform-feature.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.platform.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.platform.source-feature.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.rcp-build.properties patch-features-org.eclipse.rcp-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.rcp-feature.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.rcp.source-build.xml patch-features-org.eclipse.rcp.source-feature.xml patch -features-org.eclipse.sdk-build.properties patch-features-org.eclipse.sdk-build.xml patch-plugins-org.eclipse.ant.ui-buildfiles-buildRemoteExtraJAR.xml patch-plugins-org.eclipse.core.filesystem-natives-unix-freebsd-Makefile patch-plugins-org.eclipse.core.filesystem-natives-unix-freebsd-include-os_custom.h patch-plugins-org.eclipse.core.filesystem-src-org-eclipse-core-internal-filesystem-local-LocalFileS applied cleanly.
 > *** Error code 1
 >
 > Stop in /usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel.

 This is weird. It failed again with a previously applied patch but this
 time on a different file. In your original report, it failed on
 patch-assemble.org.eclipse.sdk.all.xml
 Could you completely nuke your eclipse-devel directory and get a fresh copy?
 Also, the version you are trying to build doesn't work with xulrunner as
 GECKO provider. See PR ports/127353 for a patch that fix this.