Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:09:25 -0500
From:      Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ports files

My port hierarchy seems to have gotten out of date or something.
It is missing some subdirectories, like multimedia, even though I
run cvsup every other night on it.

Can I just download the whole ports from :

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/ports.tar.gz

and then just untar it into /usr/ports? And then cvsup should pick
up updates that come after that? Or will I confuse cvsup?

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: