Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:54:25 +0100
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Temperature Sensors on a Mini-ITX Board

On 08/04/2005, at 7:26 PM, Doug White wrote:

> See if acpi is picking up the thermal zones first.
>
> sysctl hw.acpi.thermal

Nope.

> If not then try compiling your kernel with the viapm driver.

Bizarrely that makes it worse...I don't seem to have acpi at all when I
do that. No hw.acpi tree and errors at boot about PCI interrupt routing
and unknown PNP devices.

<snip>
$PIR: No matching entry for 0.16.INTA
$PIR: No matching entry for 0.16.INTB
$PIR: No matching entry for 0.16.INTC
$PIR: No matching entry for 0.16.INTD
$PIR: No matching entry for 0.17.INTC
$PIR: No matching entry for 0.18.INTA
<snip>
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
speaker0: <PC speaker> at port 0x61 on isa0
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0401> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources (port)
<snip>

When I don't have any mention of viapm or its dependencies according to
its man page in my kernel I have a hw.acpi sysctl tree, just no thermal
sub tree.

Thanks,

Andrew