Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:02:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jubal Kessler <jubal+freebsdports+20041121@cheeze.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with forcing ruby port install

David Ross said:

> Please use the Ruby stable snapshot from ruby-lang.org. I've no idea why
> they use the preview in ports. Snaoshot is perfectly fine. Yes, even in
> production use. I tell clients to use it, you should too ;)

David, thank you for the suggestion. However (and I address this to the
FreeBSD ports mantainers):

All I want is functional portupgrade(1) for FreeBSD.

Please, port maintainers, consider portupgrade a bit more of
a priority. Having this ruby18 blocking is causing me to waste
considerable time looking for a workaround.

--Jubal