Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:01:26 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
Cc:        Alan Clegg <alan@clegg.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, dmitry_makovey@mail.com
Subject:   Re: kmymoney2 port explodes

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:01:36PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:00:56AM -0500, Alan Clegg wrote:
>> After watching KDE build for ~2 hours, I was saddened to see my
>> build of the kmymoney2 port blow up in the home stretch.
>>
>> This is on 4.5-STABLE with an up-to-date ports tree
>> (as-of Feb 21 11:43 US Eastern).
>
>This is an auto* problem that we have yet to stamp out.  You have
>autoconf 2.13 and automake (1.5) installed, which leads to
>conflicts because the distribution uses automake, and it thinks
>that because the port runs autoconf it also needs to run
>automake.  So the solution should be to install autoconf 2.52 or
>remove automake 1.5.  At some point in the future the ports
>system will be a little smarter re: handling auto* deps.

I'm working on providing an integrated version of ports.bsd.mk which
contains Maxim's .USE removal and AUTO* fixes. ETA Sunday night. Will,
I'll post it to ports@ and you can comment and, if you agree with it,
copy it into 4-exp and see what breaks on the build.

>auto* is such a nasty nasty world.  Grrr...

Don't forget libtool....

--
Alan Eldridge
"Dave's not here, man."