Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:06:29 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        ehayden@sdcpa.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer Help

Have a look at /usr/ports/print/apsfilter. It solved most printing
problems here. You may want to update to FBSD-4.2 before.

HTH
-Christoph Sold

ehayden@sdcpa.com schrieb:

> I am using FBSD 4.0 and am having problems getting my HP Deskjet 720c to
> work.  The kernel is still basically the generic one.  I tried following
> the handbook but it is a bit dated and I find it somewhat susbect (The
> title conspicuously says it is for FBSD 3.4).  Adding tty caused errors,
> both interrupt and polled method provided no help.  Every time I try to
> test communications using lptest > /dev/lpt0, nothing happens.  Can someone
> please help.

Freundliche Grüße aus Waiblingen

Christoph Sold
--
Systemadministrator, i-clue GmbH, Endersbacher Str. 57, 71334 Waiblingen
Fon: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-12, Fax: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-55, Mail: so@i-clue.de