Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:51:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      DiaDems@datasync.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network Problem (Gateway/Route)

I am still having problems getting the server to work on the network at
our datacenter. The problem is when the server is rebooted it does not come
back online (connected to the internet in other words). The server reboots fine
but you can not ping any remote sites. The problem lies in the gateways. We are
able to temporally fix the problem with this command below:

route add -net 0.0.0.0 204.251.1.97

We have to manually change the routing tables each time the server is rebooted
in order to have it connected to the internet. Gateway information is entered
correctly in the rc.conf file.