Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 01:55:31 -0500
From:      "Robert Palank" <srfpala@inlink.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PS2 Mouse

Given:
 Running a Compaq ProLinea 3/25zs with a
 Sony CDROM (Model # CDU50E)  successfully used  during FreeBSD
installation process.
 FreeBSD ver 2.1 installed and running with the Generic kernel loaded at
install time.
X running with keyboard support but with no mouse support.
The  wrong mouse designated during install time!
The kernel has never been rebuilt.

Problem:  startx aborts with the message  -
                Fatal Server Error: Cannot open mouse:(device not
configured)

Solution  ????   I guess I need to configure my mouse which is a PS/2 mouse
and a text indicates that /dev/psaux  is an appropriate designation.  But I
have questions.
Q1.  Do I need to rebuild my kernel - just to use a PS/2 mouse?
Q2.  If so, how do I create a MSDOS Partition so that I can install from
that partition after I have moved the src into c:\FREEBSD\SRC  (manual
2.2.3
Q3. Due to disk space limitations, can I do the copy incrementally.
Q4.  Do I correctly understand that FreeBSD 2.1 cannot directly access the
Sony CDROM drive?

Best Regards
   Bob Palank