Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:20:31 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <jeremyp@gsmx07.alcatel.com.au>
To:        "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help me win the MS-Proxy/ipfw war

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 08:29:51AM +1000, f.johan.beisser wrote:
>funny that.. the software provides a syslogd, and it can be configured for
>off machine logging (and, yes, it can run it through a serial port to a
>machine too..)..
There are still assorted DOS problems with syslod.

>right now, though, my only complaint is that there isn't a picobsd ssh
>client that'll fit on the floppy aswell.
One problem is that ssh is `export-controlled' (under whichever set of
regulations apply today) and isn't part of the standard FreeBSD system.

That said, I had no real difficultly in adding the ssh _server_ to a
custom PicoBSD floppy.  I'm not sure why you'd want want the client,
but I'm sure that would fit as well.

Peter
--
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au