Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:51:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Gravel, Emmanuel (AZ77)" <Emmanuel.Gravel@CAS.honeywell.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Installation glitches

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Gravel, Emmanuel (AZ77) wrote:

> Doug White wrote:
> >You don't need to do bad144.  If you do you should
> >buy a new disk instead.
>
> It's not a question of needing to do it (it's a fairly new
> drive).  It's more a question of, since it's there, why
> doesn't it work in my case, and what can I do to change
> that (if anything).

It's a bug in bad144 then.  As the name implies it was made for floppies.

At one point bad144 would blowup for >2GB disks.

For the next paragraph, which I deleted, there's no way of knowing whether
Qt exists on the media or not until we actually try to fetch the tarball.
Our INDEX mechanism doesn't register legal data.  On the other hand, the
LEGAL file should list those packages that can't go on the CD for whatever
reason.

Doug White