Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:30:14 EDT
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        alex@big.endian.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: staroffice install

Hi:
Thanks for your help.  I am a newbie, so I need a bit more clarification.

First, I didn't "install under X" the first time (was that a mistake?).  I
run KDE.  I assume that "install under X" means to run in a terminal (are
KDE terminals and Xterminals the same?  I assume so.)  Was it wrong for me
not to install in a terminal.  (I think there should have been directions in
the README if it is necessary to do so.)

I do not NFS mount anything, so not to worry.  I have a very simple setup.
My network consists of a router for DSL access and my home computer.  I am
the only user and I have 3 accounts: root, and 2 user accounts.

Do I need to a) make install as root (redoing the installation, but using a
terminal) or b) do I need to make install (again) under a user account
(which will be the account that will use staroffice)?  If (a) then should I
first make deinstall (since I will be redoing the install), and if (b) does
this mean that each user account needs to do a make install (this doesn't
seem logical)?

Any other pointers/info that you can provide to make this go smoothly is
greatly appreciated.

John