Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:42:51 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [simon@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/x11/nvidia-driver Makefile]

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:08:06AM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> FYI.  Rumor has it that the latest beta driver has this fixed, but I
> haven't had time to confirm this yet.

Thanks.  I was thinking on whether should I update driver to latest beta
(mainly for compiz-related stuff) but since no one actually nudged me to
do so, and us being pretty close to a freeze, I've decided to hold off.

Since we're not building package of nVidia driver anyways, marking it
FORBIDDEN for a time being seems right to me.  If you manage to actually
confirm this vulnerability is true, and it is in fact fixed in latest
beta, please ping me again.

I'm CCing port@ since I want to stop supporting 4.X in `x11/nvidia-driver'
port after 6.2 goes gold.  I've explicitly stated this fact in Makefile
long time ago.  Unless there would be massive objections, it will be
going away along with next update (since we have a security issue here,
it might happen really soon now considering there's beta available).
Same should probably apply to WITH_LEGACY_GPU_SUPPORT option, but I'm
not sure yet, and would also appreciate users' feedback.

Thanks.

./danfe