Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:52:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dsniff problems

Hey all, I'm really trying to find some good info on
dsniff and failing miserably.  I get this:

L# msgsnarf
msgsnarf: no suitable device found
L# dsniff
dsniff: nids_init: no suitable device found
L# tcpkill
tcpkill: no suitable device found
L# tcpkill -i ep0 tcp port 80
tcpkill: (no devices found) /dev/bpf4: No such file or
directory
tcpkill: couldn't initialize sniffing

No matter which tool I try and use it fails.  I tried
a makedev but that command is no longer around (I
think I remember it getting deprecated in 4.7).  The
man pages are practically useless, I can't find my
problem on Google, and the link to the dsniff list
archives died on me...so this isn't me not RTFMing.

Also, I'd like to use Mozilla and not Netscape for
webspy and would like to find a conf file....

Does anyone know what's up with this?  Maybe there is
a document repository somewhere?

=====