Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 13:21:59 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opera ports to QNX but not BSD

At 05:17 AM 5/18/2001, Jamie Bowden wrote:

>As I said, I use postfix currently.  If
>you don't need to do more than SMTP, I highly recommend it.

We would need to develop experience with it. We ABSOLUTELY
CANNOT deploy unfamiliar server software on a mission-critical
server without having worked with it on other machines first.

>It is very
>easy to install and configure, and very fast (though I suspect speed is
>likely not an issue for you in the depths of Wyoming).

What assumptions are you making about Wyoming that would lead you to
believe that this is the case?

Just for your information, we are not in "depths" of any kind. Laramie is
the home of the University of Wyoming, with 9,000+ undergraduates. It is
also two hours from Denver.

>  Five minutes of your time, maybe ten.

Plus hours of time redoing our spam filters, malware filters, mail
aliases, virtual host and user tables, list servers.... Not such a small
task.

--Brett