Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 22:31:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jeffrey M. Metcalf" <jeff@katya.snet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Q: Problems with PAS16 SCSI and Iomega Zip 100

Hello All,

I am having problems with my Iomega Zip 100 drive connected to
my ProAudioStudio SCSI host adapter (device nca0).  I get the
following message on my console:

nca0/5/0 data length underflow

whenever I attempt to write data to the zip drive.  Reading
seems OK resulting in the message:

nca: pseudo-dma timeout

I suspect that the second message is more benign that the first.
Data that I have written to the drive seem to get truncated or
corrupted.  This doesn't always occur.  I have successfully
written some large files to the zip drive, have read them back,
and have found them totally uncorrupted.  Others have been
corrupted.  This occurs both with DOS fs and ufs on the ZIP
media. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong and if
there is anything I can do about it?

Incidently, the drive seems to work fine under Windows95 with
the same host adapter, hence I think it's a FreeBSD driver
problem with nca0 rather than a hardware problem.

JM
--
Jeffrey M. Metcalf
metcalf@snet.net