Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:00:25 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Fred Pinzenscham" <sarninja@tds.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cannot install FreeBDS.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Pinzenscham" <sarninja@tds.net>
To: "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 10:27 AM

> I have a '97 motherboard with award bios.
>
> It loads the kernal, I skip the kernal config
> It start loading the drivers.
> the last few lines are:
> ifmedia_set: no match for 0x25/0xffffffff
> panic: if media_set
> uptime:0s
> Automatic reboot in 15 seconds.
>
> The system boots fine on a older motherboard, same processor with less
> memory

Do you have a network card installed by any chance....I came upon a previous
post to questions that had a panic string that was similar to yours where
the poster had determined that his system only panic'd on install with his
network card installed.  Do you think this could be the case in your
situation?

Josh