Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 17:25:07 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Natd and Gateway Problems

gummibear@we.mediaone.net wrote:

> /sbin/ipfw -f flush
> /sbin/ipfw add divert natd
> ip from any to any via ed0
> /sbin/ipfw add allow ip from any to any

Newbie alert. I have read the manpages etc. but could not proceed due
to a pre-empting ping problem. Anyway, what I came up with was:

forseti:~$ cat /etc/rc.conf.local
# according to man rc.conf
#firewall_enable=YES
#firewall_type=open
#natd_enable=YES
#natd_interface=le0
#natd_flags=-f /etc/natd.conf
forseti:~$ cat /etc/natd.conf
# as used in rc.conf.local
-use_sockets
-same_ports
-redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.10:smtp smtp
-redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.10:http http
forseti:~$

Of course it should not be commented out in rc.conf.local. I also
remember a note about making sure natd is listed in services or
something. But since it was I forgot about that.

Again, I don't know if the above works but since it's a slightly
different tack from what you got maybe it'll give you an idea.

Another thing I noticed is that your LAN seems to mis from your
routing tables. There ought to be something like:

Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif Expire
default            10.0.0.10          UGSc        1       95      ep0
10/24              link#1             UC          0        0      ep0

besides the external routing.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.