Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:12:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ctm startup questions

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:09:07 -0400 (EDT), Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org> wrote:
> >I have now generated ports-cur.3502 and cvs-cur.6773, ...
> >
> >I really need some confirmation here; are these deltas ok or not?  I know
> >they're large, and guys, you'd rather wait for all the pieces to dribble
> >in, but I would really appreciate some feedback;
>
> It's not clear from your mail whether the ctm mailer is running or
> not.  Should I currently be expecting to receive bits of cvs-cur.6773
> or not?  (I haven't seen any and I'm wondering if I have a local
> problem).

Please, folks, I don't want to have to repeat everything, so for the
moment, don't send me private mail, stick it on this list, it's what it's
for.

The cvs-cur delta, 6773, is at all the mirrors.  I don't understand why
the ports-cur one isn't (grumble).  Let me see about getting it somewhere
public.

Hideaki OKADA <hokada@isl.melco.co.jp> reports that he's downloaded and
applied the cvs-cur one, no problems, so I have that.  Julian Stacey
<jhs@jhs.muc.de> reports that he's done the ports-cur one, but had
problems, so it's that one I need confirmed bad.  I can't find it
anywhere.

OK, very temporarily (until I find out why it hasn't propagated) I stuck
it at http://people.freebsd.org/~chuckr.  Someone who runs ports-cur,
could I please get confirmation?  As soon as I can confirm both of these
good, I could restart ctm .... if ports-cur is indeed bad, damn, I have a
slow machine with slow disks, and regenerating it all, it's going to take
a while, friends.

I can't prove it, but other folks have access to this machine, and people
who don't run ctm keep on forgetting the way that ctm is very sensitive to
locally made changes.  It doesn't happen often, and most of the past
offenders have been made to understand, but it still happens ...

Chuck Robey             | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org| electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.