Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:26:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>, luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which driver?

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> The new mods for isa.c are not required by guspnp17 however they
> will be required by guspnp18.
>
> Basically, I incorporated isa_dmastatus into the sound driver
> due to oh a stale mate with freebsd hackers. Since then ,
> I managed to generate diffs against isa.c after I managed to resolve the issue
> of sb16 vs guspnp use of isa_dmastatus.
>
> Now that isa.c will support properly auto dma for non bounce buffers
> guspnp18 will use -current's isa.c . No mods will be required for isa.c.
>
> isa_dmastatus and isa_dmastop was written by Luigi and modify by
> me to support auto dma . I expect Michael Smith to submit
> the mods sometime today and guspnp18 will be available shortly there
> after.

So you are saying that I can run guspnp17 on 2.2.2 without any other
alterations to the kernel source? Will xquake work?

Thanks,
	Jakob Alvermark

 Teligent AB, P.O. Box 213, S-149 23 Nynäshamn, Sweden
Telephone +46-(0)8 520 660 00 * Fax +46-(0)8 520 193 36
 Direct +46-(0)8 520 660 32 * GSM +46-(0)70 792 16 57