Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:19:21 +0200
From:      "Ali Uezguemuer" <ali.uezguemuer@gmx.net>
To:        <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with PCMCIA Ethernet card: no card in database for '(null)'...

Hi!
I still have not been able to get my 3Com Megahertz 3CXE589ET PCMCIA card
workig on my Compaq Armada 4150 laptop. I still get "no card in database for
'(null)'..." after inserting the card.

As suggested, I've tried to add the following lines to /boot/loader.conf:
    hw.cbb.start_memory="0x20000000" (tried various values for this line,
but I don't know what I'm doing there)
    hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range = "1"

Also I've set pccard_memory in /etc/rc.conf . I've tried 0xd4000, 0xd8000,
0xdc000 and also complete different values. The manual of my laptop has got
a so called 'memory map' included and I tried several ranges that it says to
be unused. I've read other posts that say that the memory-line in
/etc/pccard.conf and the pccard_memory in /etc/rc.conf have to match, but
this doesn't work either.

Can anybody either help me or give me a hint where to find any more
information on this? I really want FreeBSD and the card to work on that
laptop and I'd really appreciate your help.

    Ali