Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:45:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        wjv@cityip.co.za (Johann Visagie)
Cc:        robh@molienergy.bc.ca, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD - Linux ??

In a previous message, Johann Visagie said:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 at 13:34 SAT, Rob Horstman wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Just wondering if you can settle a small bet we have going in the
> > office here.
> >
> > Is FREE BSD a "flavor"  of LINUX or is it a completely seperate entity.
>
> Completely separate, coming from an entirely different lineage.

This month's Performance Computing has a nice little article written
by our own Jordan Hubbard comparing at a high level the two. Great
job, Jordan!

Unfortunately, at the same time, they're having a "Name our new Linux
Column contest". Maybe we should submit "Free Computing" or some such
under the false hope that the press will pay attention to anything but
the Linux Gorilla.

http://www.performance-computing.com/features/9810of1.shtml

Paul.

--
Why did the blonde climb the glass wall?
--to see what was on the other side.